The first thing people notice about someone is the face, so it’s no wonder everyone wants to look good. However, some are born with abnormalities, imperfections, or birth defects, which affect their appearance. Other factors that affect the skin on the face are aging, sun damage, and facial trauma.
Fortunately, technology has advanced enough. Allure Aesthetic Surgery of Beverly Hills notes that plastic surgery is an ideal treatment option to correct facial problems or conditions.
What is Facial Plastic Surgery?
Facial plastic surgery is a procedure that diagnoses and treats facial deformities due to birth defects. It enhances the appearance of an individual, which involves the whole face, nose, ears, lips, and neck. Plastic surgery is divided into two categories.
Reconstructive plastic surgery. This procedure aims to correct any facial abnormalities of patients who have birth defects and those who have suffered from an accident or trauma. Reconstructive plastic surgery is also necessary for the treatment of other diseases like skin cancer.
Cosmetic plastic surgery. This category is used to improve the visual appeal of an individual’s facial features and structures. Cosmetic procedures include facelift, eye lifts, rhinoplasty, and facial implants.
Different Kinds of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty. This involves the reconstruction of the cartilage and bone of the nose to improve its shape, function, and appearance.
- Blepharoplasty. It’s a procedure that improves the function and looks of the upper and/or lower eyelids.
- Rhytidectomy. A surgery that involves reduction of skin wrinkles by tightening the skin.
- Facial implants. Facial fillers are inserted in certain parts of the face, like the cheek, lips, or chin, to make it look more prominent.
- Otoplasty. This surgery reshapes the cartilage of the ears so they don’t stick out too much.
- Facelift. A facelift can give you a more youthful look by tightening the skin that has lost elasticity due to aging.
- Forehead lift. This surgery uses a skin tightening procedure done on the forehead area to reduce wrinkles and droopy upper eyelids and eyebrows.
- Facial reconstruction. This surgery involves the reconstruction of damaged facial features of individuals.
If a facial plastic surgery is what you need to boost your self-confidence and be happy, then you should go for it. But make sure that the clinic or the surgeon you choose is highly qualified and licensed to do whatever procedure you want to be done.